August 20, 2010

Spike tries Yoga

Amy Eubanks, a friend of mine, is downsizing (<--see her blog here) and in the process, gave me her prenatal yoga DVD. Since it's 85 and humid out today, running was out of the picture so I thought I'd take my workout to the basement and try out some yoga. I'm not really big into "energies" and "breathing" which is what most yoga is about, so I was a bit skeptical to start out. Turns out I was right, this woman probably is using cloth diapers and not using pain meds during labor (...wait a minute...). Anyway, once I ignored the hocus-pocus, the yoga part was quite relaxing. I'd rather have some good ska music in the background, but I don't think they make ska prenatal yoga DVDs. (Maybe I could market that...).
In a related story, I attempted to take some pictures of myself trying out various yoga poses. The camera died after just three poses, but, I posted them for your viewing pleasure anyway. Thanks again, Amy! (notice the concentration in my face as I try to contort my body like the woman on the video)

This is the "I can't reach that tupperware on the top shelf" pose
"And hurt my back trying"
"I'll sit down, Rob will get it"



1 comment:

  1. So happy that you and Spike shared a centering moment with the Yoga DVD. I figure all of that pelvic stretching can only promote the eventual goal!

    ReplyDelete