August 17, 2010

Run, Spike, Run

On Saturday, August 7, I accomplished one of my top goals for pregnancy: I ran the Beach to Beacon 10K. It was the first day of the summer that has been below 85 degrees and 100% humidity so it was perfect for a morning run. I ran almost the whole thing, walked one hill and was probably going faster walking than I would have been if I ran it. I got constant cheers from spectators yelling "Go Mama!" and "Way to go, Junior!". I heard at least two people say to the person standing next to them, "I think she's pregnant! I couldn't have done that!". I had a huge glowing grin plastered to my face throughout the run, so much so that my cheeks hurt more than my legs at the end. I came in at 1 hour, 19 minutes which is 2 minutes faster than the last time I ran the B2B. I felt great the whole time. Rob ran as well and finished in 57 minutes which is 4 minutes faster than his previous 10K record. Our friend Aimee Lake also ran and broke her record. Here are some post run pictures and a short clip at about mile 6.1.

BJ and Aimee in their last weekend on the east coast.
Our running Family of 3





No comments:

Post a Comment