April 26, 2010

12 Weeks

I'm officially 12 weeks tomorrow, but I'm working so I figured I'd post today instead. I've been feeling much better except now I'm hungry ALL THE TIME!!! I can only eat about half a meal and I'm stuffed and an hour later I'm starving again. It's certainly better than puking and feeling nauseous though. No new cravings, except food in general. I need to start craving pickles since we have about 12 jars canned from last season still...hmmm...maybe I will have just one...

Someone told me to take pictures in a doorway so it's easier to see how much the belly is growing so here's my first picture in the doorway to Spike's room. Bonus: you can all see all the baby stuff in the pack-n-play behind me, which hopefully will be transformed into a better nursery over the next few months. I actually lost about 10lbs when I was feeling sick and haven't gained much back so no baby bump yet. You can tell my abs are less muscular than the first picture though...hmmm.

I ran yesterday for the first time since before I was sick and it felt GREAT! I am hoping to run two 10Ks this summer that I'm already signed up for so I need to get back into shape. Rob has been running a lot so he's going to be in charge of pushing the stroller when Spike arrives! Maybe then I can keep up with him. Speaking of strollers, the Hickey's gave us their Chariot as a thank you for 3405265320 hours of babysitting (approximately). They have a double Chariot now. This stroller is the best ever. It's a jogger that can completely encase the baby in an air lock so they are not exposed to the elements (which are quite elemental here in Maine winters when Spike is expected to arrive). It also has an attachment to be pulled behind a bike or cross country skis (we don't have cross country skis so we'll have to pull him downhill). I think it also is equipped for deep sea diving, baby-sized oxygen tanks sold separately. I've included a picture (after 10 minutes of me trying to figure out how to set it up...don't worry, the second time only took 2 minutes, I'm getting faster). Thanks Hickeys-can't wait to take the trio out next winter!



We also just found out that Jessie Pappenfus (my roommate from Gordon) is 12 weeks preggo too! Apparently we are still cycling together even after living on opposite sides of the country for 4 years. I stole this picture from her Facebook page because it was so cute. PS: Jessie, you need a Chariot.
That's all the news for now. So glad the weather is getting nicer, can't wait to use those maternity clothes this summer!


2 comments:

  1. Always thought that 12 weeks was 1/3 of the way but now it is only 12/40ths (30%). Still don't see any signs of Spike in Christy's figure. The stroller is awesome. Please be careful, careful, careful when running.
    Christy is a precious commodity and she is carrying our precious grandbaby!!!

    Love- Mom (Gramma) and Dad (PA)

    ReplyDelete