August 25, 2012

Sailing!

The family that Steph is living with now has a small sailboat that they are letting us use whenever we want! Good deal, Steph! So we packed up the kids, snacks, water, diapers, lifejackets, sunscreen, and hats and headed to the water. The wind started pretty slow, and then died, as it does on any good sailing trip. Good thing they had a small outboard or we would still be in the middle of Casco Bay with two very tired toddlers, lots of stinky diapers, and trying to de-salinate sea water with our canvas bags...

Waiting for Auntie Stephie to sail the boat in.

She was very excited about going sailing on the Ocean.

Watching the fishermen take their boats out.


Mommy sailing with her two kids.

Auntie Stephie and Tristan at the helm. Good thing because when I took the tiller we almost crashed into multiple boats by drifting sideways. In my defense, we had NO wind.

Great pic of Sailor Rob!

I believe I went sailing two years ago when I was this big with Amelia...only then I was 36 weeks, not 27.

Daddy and daughter and coffee.

Heading back to shore via motor-power. Amelia and I headed up on deck to check out the happenings. Not much was happening.

Not sure why I included the big butt picture. I think it's where the placenta is stored for this pregnancy.

One hand for the boat. PS. Steph tilted the camera, we were not actually healed over at all...re: ZERO WIND.


Notice the glass-like water. Amelia, thinking she was Jesus, wanted to "Walk on the Water". Although tempted, I didn't throw her in, just dipped her feet a few times. 


Tristan keeping watch from the cockpit.

and helping Uncle Rob with the tiller.

The promised post-sail run on the beach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment